This is the meme:
1. Leave me a comment saying, Interview me.
2. I will respond by asking you five questions. I get to pick the questions.
3. You will update your LJ with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.
1) What is it that drives you to achieve so much with all of your volunteer and related activities?
I guess I could term it a passion for service… but It's more than that. It's a love of the Kiwanis family, but also more than that too. I enjoy helping people, but that alone wouldn't keep me in this organization. It's a love of the other Kiwanis family members, but that still wouldn't have me staying on doing all of this. I think it's the simple message: that what I do matters, that I can indeed help change the world and that I can help children that truly drives it home for me. I love what I do. It's one area of my life where I can truly honestly say this, whether what I'm doing for CKI at the moment is easy, or even fun is irrelevant. Rather, it's why I'm doing it, because I truly utterly care and really desire to do so that it matters. It motivates me more all the time It keeps my spirits up. But more than that is the small things that help others that I'm able to do… whatsoever they might be at the time.
2) What one thing do you wish you could have (or have happen), but would never actually want it to be more than a dream?
Hmmm… ridiculous figure skating dreams and otherwise come to mind.
3) In your mind, where do you go in your loneliest moments?
Into a dark little corner by myself. Or I fly into the world of imagination and think up a much better interpersonal situation.
4) What decade in human history (past or future) do you wish you could have been born in?
You know… I actually don't know. I can see myself having grown up in the 1970s… or thereabouts… but then again… I really like the innovations of the internet etc. of now.
5) In your opinion, what is your greatest flaw?
Probably the occasional lack of motivation, procrastination… or instances of low self-esteem. Fortunately… I'm usually able to divert my attentions (to deal with motivation issues), or to procrastinate productively by doing something else.