Ah… the trials and tribulations of Ali, the perpetual out-dated technology user — well in this case that's who I am, surely. And my computer is starting to really really at least want to bite the dust — and while I guess there could be worse things, I truly do need a computer that's functional to complete wonderful things like homework and my various hobbies etc. Yay for technology. At least as a perpetual UofA student I'm able to bunker down on campus and use their computers… with their horrible keyboards that my hands do not like typing on… but which are very stable and which do not die on a semi-irregular basis — or at least not with the frequency of my very-old computer. Yes, indeed I plan on purchasing a new one. Yes, friends have convinced me to get a Mac. Beyond that I know very little about what I want to acquire and this is rather frustrating. Evidently I need a keyboard I can actually type on successfully with speed (like the Microsoft Natural Keyboard I have at home). Evidently I need the power to have a gazillion internet tabs open at once, be listening to last.fm constantly (or alternately to my music library which I suppose could get expanded significantly with time), post photos willy-nilly on Facebook (yes I use Facebook rather a lot), type essays, papers, stories, poems, etc. in a Word (or similar) program. Yes I need spreadsheets to track things… and yes, I would like the processor power to actually contemplate computer games (then again actually playing computer games happens VERY rarely due to the fact that it causes me to lose good chunks of productive time). I'm a contest enterer, a student, a writer, and an internet-connected person. I'm online like 20-40ish hours a week usually. So I need the computer. And I need the internet. *sighs* At least Word worked splendidly and I was able to finish my scholarship application, print it and play Spider solitaire last night…
Today I simply run errands on campus before my class begins this afternoon.
In other news, here's a meme from Ariel
01. Real name ΓåÆ Ali (and if you know me you'd know the rest)
002. Nickname(s)ΓåÆ Uh… currently I really don't have many asides from the using my middle name occasionally and people doing a rather fine job of mangling my first name.
003. Status ΓåÆ mildly full, somewhat busy, mind going in many directions at once
004. Zodiac sign ΓåÆ Leo
005. Male or female ΓåÆ Female
006. Elementary ΓåÆ Ecole Rudolph Hennig School
007. Middle School ΓåÆ n/a but jr high was at Ecole Rudolph Hennig School
008. High School ΓåÆ Salisbury Composite School
010. Hair color ΓåÆ dark brown
011. Long or short ΓåÆ Long.
012. Loud or Quiet ΓåÆ I vary between these two options.
013. Sweats or Jeans ΓåÆ jeans
014. Phone or Camera ΓåÆ Neither actually. I like my corded phone and I like having pictures taken of me.
015. Health freak ΓåÆ nope… although I tend to love healthy yummy food.
016. Drink or Smoke? ΓåÆ nope.
017. Do you have a crush on someone? ΓåÆ perhaps…
018. Eat or Drink ΓåÆ I like food!
019. Piercings ΓåÆ none.
020. Tattoos ΓåÆ none.
021. Righty or lefty ΓåÆ Righty, though I seem to know a disporportionately large number of left-handed individuals.
022. First surgery ΓåÆ n/a
023. First piercing ΓåÆ n/a
024. First best friend ΓåÆ Megan
025. First award ΓåÆ Probably got something in pre-school. I'm sure it's in a scrapbook somewheres.
026. First crush ΓåÆ Peter, a classmate in kindergarden
027. First pet ΓåÆ I had a pet rock. It had googly eyes and everything.
028. First big vacation ΓåÆ Hmmm… I went to Quebec in ninth grade.
049. EatingΓåÆ Just ate tortellini from L'express.
050. Drinking ΓåÆ I haven't drunk anything since water at breakfast.
052. I'm about to ΓåÆ Hand in my scholarship application.
053. Listening to ΓåÆ The printers in Knowledge Common
054. Plans for today ΓåÆ Hand in scholarship application, deposit GST rebate cheque, go to class, go to dinner and movie.
055. Waiting for ΓåÆ the future!
058. Want kids? ΓåÆ yes, though nothing specific.
059. Want to get married? ΓåÆ yes, though the wedding's not the important part, the marriage/relationship is.
060. Careers in mind ΓåÆ Librarian, writer
WHICH IS BETTER WITH GIRL/BOY?
068. Lips or eyes ΓåÆ hard to pick… I rather like both on the right guy. Each are exquisitely expressive.
070. Shorter or taller? ΓåÆ Taller.
072. Romantic or spontaneous ΓåÆ We'll go with romantic.
073. Nice stomach or nice arms ΓåÆ arms!
74. Sensitive or loud- sensitive
075. Hook-up or relationship ΓåÆ Relationship.
077. Trouble maker or hesitant ΓåÆ hesitant.
HAVE YOU EVER:
078. Kissed by a stranger? Depends on what you qualify as a stranger (and what you qualify as a kiss). I'm going to say no.
079. Drank hard liquor ΓåÆ Yes, but not in any quantity.
080. Lost glasses/contacts ΓåÆ I have a tendancy to leave my glasses in restaurants. That said, I have not actually ever lost them.
081. Ran away from home ΓåÆ nope.
082. Hold a gun/knife for self defense ΓåÆ No
083. Killed somebody ΓåÆ No.
084. Broken someone's heart ΓåÆ I like to think that I haven't ever been that mean, but I probably have.
085.Cried when someone died? Yes. Very much so.
088. Liked a guy friend ΓåÆ Of course.
DO YOU BELIEVE IN:
089. Yourself ΓåÆ usually.
090. Miracles- how do you qualify a miracle anyway? Perhaps.
091. Love at first sight ΓåÆ Lust at first sight, attraction at first sight, etc. yes, but love takes time to develop.
092. Heaven ΓåÆ not particularly.
093. Santa Claus ΓåÆ Santa rocks, but he no longer visits me
094. Sex on the first date ΓåÆ No.
095. Kiss on the first date ΓåÆ Rarely.
097. Is there one person you want to be with right now ΓåÆ yes.
098. Are you seriously happy with where you at in life? yes.
099. Do you believe in God ΓåÆ I don't know.
100. Post as 100 truths and tag ΓåÆ I'm just going to post this and hope that those people who would like to respond will do so. Thanks Ariel for posting this btw. It was kind of you to tag me.