A 50 Question Christmas Survey
1. Does your family send out Christmas cards?: I do. I send a LOT and am behind on sending 'em. My mom does too I think, but much fewer.
2. How soon do you start shopping?: Usually I start it in earnest on the weekend of the Butterdome Craft Sale… but sometimes I get some done earlier!
3. Who do you shop for?: Immediate family, donations to those in need, and my friends — plus a few gift exchanges too for good measure.
4. Do you put up a Christmas tree?: Not at my apt.
5. Is it real or fake? The one my parents have is fake
6. Do you like tinsel?: Not particularly: it makes a mess.
7. Do you use homeade or storebought ornaments?: Both — depends more on sentimental value than anything.
8. Do you put Christmas lights outside your house?: not at my apt, and my parents very rarely do this either.
9. Do you put lights on the tree?: I don't have one, but my parents do.
10. How about popcorn and cranberries?: When I was little I loved the whole popcorn chain thing, but I never did cranberries (ugh!). No We don't do this though.
11. Is there a wreath hanging on your door?: no. I don't know about my folks.
12. Do you celebrate it?: Sure, I always go home for Christmas Eve.
13. Do you hang up your stocking?: Not recently :(. I rather like hanging it up though.
14. Does your family read Twas the night before Christmas?: Nope, not since we were wee. But it was a good tradition as it lasted.
15. Christmas Movie: Gosh… so many good ones. Dr. Seuss' The Grinch would rank pretty high though.
16. Character from any Christmas Movie: Uh… Cindy Lou Who
17. Christmas Song: So many Great ones! How about Dar Williams' The Christians and the Pagans, or Do They Know It's Christmas? or BNL's Green Christmas or… too many great ones!
18. Christmas Memory: Opening gifts as a family… but really I adore all the fun that leads up to Christmas best.
This or That
19. Give or Receive?: While I like both, giving is more fun and rewarding.
20. Eggnog or Cider?: Both actually — in moderation and without alcohol.
21. Red or Green?: Red
22. Ham or Turkey?: Turkey
23. Star or Angel?: The tree at home has an angel… but realistically I prefer stars.
24. White Lights or Colored Lights?: White are less gaudy but I like both.
25. Blinking Lights or Still Lights: Still unless they blink in time to music
26. Were you Naughty or Nice this year? Let's go with nice.
27. What do you want for Christmas this year?: See an earlier post.
28. When do you open your gifts?: Christmas morning — with the exception of gift exchange stuff and stuff received at parties etc.
29. What's the best gift you've ever received?: Let's be diplomatic and say the gift of life! 🙂
30. What's the worst gift you've ever received?: uh… not applicable.
32. Have you ever head a Secret Santa? yes.
33. Do you like wrapping gifts?: If I didn't, would I volunteer so many hours for a charity gift wrap, eh?
34. Do you put change in those red buckets?: Not usually.
35. Do you burn a yule log?: No, I lack a fireplace.
36. Can you name all the reindeer?: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner and Blitzen (plus Rudolph)
37. Do you bake cookies?: Rarely.
38. Have you ever seen your mommy kissing Santa Clause?: Nope.
39. Have you ever gotten a kiss under the mistletoe?: Nope. I've seen it once or twice at a party though.
40. Do you go caroling?: Occasionally. SUCH FUN!
41. Do you drive around and look at the Christmas lights?: Well, I don't drive, but I've ridden along many a time.
42. Have you ever left Santa cookies?: When I was younger, yes.
43. Have you ever sat on Santa's lap?: Yes, of course.
44. Who do you celebrate Christmas with?: My immediate family mostly.
45. Where do you celebrate Christmas?: At my parents'
46. Have you ever had a white Christmas?: Usually, it is white.
47. What part of Christmas do you look most forward to?: The whole season!
48. Have you ever had your picture taken with Santa?: I believe so.
49. Does your family always take a picture at Christmas? Not particularly, but it happens.
50. Have you ever heard the song Thank God For Kids by The Oakridge Boys? Not to my knowledge.